Scania is expanding its Group Internal Audit function due to the steady growth of the company. Currently we are looking for several skilled Senior Internal Auditors to ramp-up our new Financial Services audit department (ZAB). In this position you will be part of a dynamic international team and will work in an interesting global environment with an opportunity to overview the whole Scania Financial Services organization.
Meeting diverse cultures and colleagues from different functions requires you to be a highly professional, social and diplomatic person. The position is located at the Global Headquarters in Södertälje, Sweden but the field work is carried out worldwide. This includes frequent international travelling, expected to about 50% of your work.
In this developing position you will have the chance to recommend yourself as candidate for the designated Head of FS Internal Audit. During the start-up phase of the function the position is staffed with an expatriate from our parent company Volkswagen Group and we are aiming to localise it within less than two years. Therefore, you will have real scope to make an impact as our target is to be a leading-edge assurance provider and trusted advisor.
Key duties and responsibilities as Senior Internal Auditor:
- You will work with internal teams and external co-sourced partners on a complex portfolio of global financial services audits (regulatory as well as risk-based and strategy-driven portfolio), working collaboratively throughout the audits to highlight issues and propose solutions.
- You will be required to quickly build cross-functional networks, work independently, maintain up to date awareness of relevant regulatory and statutory environment (i.e. BCBS) and evaluate a range of judge mental issues around risks and controls.
- You will be involved in the entire internal audit process from the risk analysis and the development of the annual and multiple years audit plan to the follow-up of findings related to audits executed by you.
- We will expect you to deliver high quality audits and provide oversight, coaching and feedback on peer and team member performance to support their development.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of auditing regulatory compliance frameworks within the financial services sector.
- Ability to undertake frequent international travelling (up to 50% of working days) to work on a range of financial services audits.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of regulatory requirements (i.e. essentials like Basel, GL44 and AML) and Internal Control related questions as well as financial products.
- Ability to manage and motivate multi-disciplinary teams across different global locations, including working effectively with external co-sourced provider teams and local Scania Internal Audit functions.
- High level of personal integrity, independence, tenacity and resilience in executing audits and resolving audit issues, while remaining objective.
- A flexible communication style, able to adjust your approach and influence others, including local senior management teams.
- Ability to analyze complex issues from a range of perspectives and form considered judgements around the actions to be taken (ability to see the big picture as well as the details).
- Strong project management skills to both manage individual initiatives, and co-ordinate and monitor broader assignments.
- A relevant degree or postgraduate professional qualification (i.e. CFSA).
- Strong business English, including both written and verbal communication. Fluency in a second language such as Swedish or German would be desirable. If you have any additional language skills this is a great advantage.
- Experience in the set-up of Audit Departments would be an advantage, too.
As an employee of Scania, we offer extraordinary career opportunities and development in addition to other benefits such as private lease car, pension, flexible working hours, lunch at reduced prices and more. If you live in Stockholm, we offer direct bus service between Stockholm and Södertälje with Scania Job Express.
Form of employment: Full-time
Scania is a world-leading provider of transport solutions, including trucks and buses for heavy transport applications combined with an extensive service offering. Scania offers vehicle financing, insurance and rental services to enable our customers to focus on their core business. Scania is also a leading provider of industrial and marine engines.
With some 46,000 employees in about 100 countries, our sales and service network is strategically placed where our customers need us, no matter where they operate. Research and development activities are mainly concentrated in Sweden, with branches in Brazil and India. Production takes place in Europe, Latin America and Asia with facilities for global interchange of both components and complete vehicles. In addition there are regional production centres in Africa, Asia and Eurasia.
Our Financial Services area operates in 53 markets, with 52+ legal entities, whereof 11 entities are regulated by local FSAs. At the end of 2016, the size of Scania’s customer finance portfolio amounted to SEK 68 billion and the penetration rate was 43 percent in those markets where Scania has its own financing operations. The operating income amounted to SEK 1,015m.
Scania is part of Volkswagen Truck & Bus
Scania press releases are available at www.scania.com
In this recruitment process Scania is collaborating with Meritmind. Your application should include a CV, a cover letter and copies of any relevant certificates. If you have any questions regarding this recruitment process please contact Casper Båge von Sivers, recruitment consultant at Meritmind +4673 561 78 70. Interviews will be held continuously and we will therefore need your application in English as soon as possible.